Marlborough, New Zealand
- The spirit of Tiraki is about seeking adventure and new experiences. More than just making great wine, Tiraki is a catalyst for conversation, an excuse to explore.
- Wine is made to be shared. With passion and adventure in mind our wine is meticulously made balancing art and science to bring out the inner adventurer within.
- Their mantra: Live in the moment. Be adventurous. Explore. Get outside. Find new experiences. Think fresh. Eat weird. Drink Tiraki.
Good to know
Tiraki is Maori for “clearing of the sky”
Tiraki pays homage to the local Maori name for Marlborough “Kei Puta te Wairau” or “Hole in the sky over Wairau”. This is important to us given our Maori heritage and longstanding family connection with the region.
Clouds parting is synonymous with new beginnings and optimism. Through our wine, we aspire to share our joy, passion and sense of adventure with the world.
Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG)
Sustainability at Tiraki
Sustainibility CodeThe vineyard is managed in accordance with Sustainable Winegrowers New Zealand.
Sustainability Key Points at Tiraki
- To encourage diversity at Longfield, Tiraki has extensive native plantings along their waterways to entice native birds and insects into the vineyards which help eliminate pests, improving the health of their grapes.
- Sheep roam the vineyards through the Autumn months as they offer some of the best natural fertilizers and keep the grass down without the use of machinery.